Wednesday, January 5, 2011

People should take bikes more often.


Out of the several million people that live in New York City, how many of those people ride bikes? Probably a very small fraction. Out of the several million women that wish to do more exercise, how many of them consider bicycles as an option? For suburban and non-rural residents, its pretty much impossible to ride a bike to work or school. (I only wish I could ride my bike to school!) However, its still an extremely viable method of exercise! I want to see more bicycles in my life. I didn't have this epiphany until after Christmas unfortunately, or else that would have been at the top of my list. So now, I'm saving up to get a new bicycle to exercise, and hopefully take to college when I go.

I challenge you (if you have a bike) to ride it more often! If you live close to school, get a lock and take it to school. If you just want to lay down and take a nap after school, get on the bike! Go for a ride...I promise you will thank me later!

PLUS its "green," if you're into that kind of thing. You have nothing to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment